Tuesday 7 June 2011

#4 James Root

"The guys chose this mask to tame me. Joining this band takes a little getting used to. I was a timid guy before I joined them. Now I'm a freak! Am I as borderline psychotic as the rest?" is a quote from James himself. He is the newest member of the band, he joined during the recording of their CD. Despite the look of the band he is actually the tallest in the band at 6'6 and although mick seems the giant of the group for height wise he is only about 6'2. James is very fast and technical with the guitar... practice pays. He was previously in the bands Dead Front, Atomic Opera and Stone Sour. James was a waiter/busboy and said that he "hated that greasy hell"

He wears a court jester/demon mask. MEANING: "It's pretty much everything I am, but it's the stuff I'm afraid to let out sometimes. It's a jester's mask and I kinda have that prankster's side to me, so I spose it's my own little way of venting that silliness in the grossest kind of way. This is my old mask because it doesn't feel like the right time for the new one yet - it needs some work doing on it." - Jim originally inherited Josh (ex-guitarist), old mask, a bondage one containing a purple tassel on the top of it. He wore this until the new Jester mask was created, it is the mask that can be seen on the front of the self titled album cover.



Stay (sic)

3 comments:

  1. to connor /facepalm

    awesome information on James route alright mask likes some of the other masks the band has better.

    ReplyDelete